Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Time

a poem for

          Steven Miguel

                    and 

                Vince Gabriel  

I'd freeze time if I could.
I'd freeze you in your childhood:
The first time you saw the world,
Your first audible word.
Could you be what you are forever:
The little boy I'd run after,
Happy, rambunctious, a bundle of energy:
That little guy, so cute and cuddly.
As I watch you stare in wonder, thoughts
Change. I realize I couldn't stop time, or
Your rapid growth. And I'd be sad if I'd endeavor
To. You have to discover the world, and figure
Out your place in it. So I will be there, sure
To watch you discover, and when you'd finally
Face the world, proud, and ready, I will write again, with glee. 


(Note: This poem was written in February 2011, originally posted on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment