Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Letter to His Majesty

You could've lived a Kingly life, Royal One,
Yet you lived among us, a common man.
You made friends, as well as enemies
You loved them both without prejudice,
Like a truest friend, a gift so rare,
You took a beating in, not on a dare.
You could've said no with Your Kingly voice,
But You instead made a choice
Your royal status completely tossed
A friendly gift with so much cost.
You gladly walked the road of pain,
So my life I would gain.
A bang of the hammer four times rang out,
Ignominy was high for those with clout.
But You endured all, the insult and injury,
With Your blood pouring free.
I thank You now for the gift of love,
For handling me with a kid glove.
And when the nightingale Your song will sing,
I'll think of You, my Friend and King.

No comments:

Post a Comment